Whenever you feel anxious or stressed, repeating affirmations can really help you. Affirmations really help you deal with the stress that is troubling your mental health.
What are affirmations
Before starting with affirmations, it is doubly important to understand what affirmations are. Affirmations refer primarily to the practice of positive thinking and self empowerment- fostering a belief that a positive mental attitude supported by affirmations will achieve success in anything. Affirmations are something you repeat to yourself every single day and it can help your mind overcome any obstacle that it has,
Overtime affirmations will help you change the negative thought patterns that your mind naturally turns to. It will help replace those negative thought patterns with positive reinforcing thoughts.
How to use Affirmations
There are tons of ways to use affirmations. People use it differently.
Some people speak them into a mirror on a morning, others run them through their minds when negative thoughts begin to plague them.
I have a different method of doing my daily affirmations that may work for you if you like to journal. Every day, I choose one affirmation that resonates with me and write it in my journal. I find that repeating the affirmation throughout the day to myself gradually helps change my thought process over time.
Affirmations are not a quick fix for mental health problems. Like any other technique to combat anxiety, repeating affirmations also takes time, patience and a lot of courage.
Affirmations to repeat
- I am doing my best
- I choose to be happy and to love myself today
- My possibilities are endless
- I am worthy
- I am brave, bold and beautiful
- Today is going to be a great day
- I am talented and intelligent
- I am one of a kind
- I can and I will
- I am proud of myself and my achievements
- I am who I want to be
- I am beautiful
- I am unique
- I am powerful
- I radiate confidence
- I am in love with myself and my body
- I am proud of myself
- I am becoming more confident every day
- I believe in myself
- I will not worry about things I cannot control
- I will be kind to myself and others today
- I am loved
- I am worthy of love and respect
- Today will be a positive day
- I will take time to love and care for myself
- I am successful
- I am free of worry and regret
- My thoughts become my reality
- I love myself
- I am grateful for all that I have